about the company
plc-tec AG develops and distributes Power Line Communication System (PLC) IP cores and reference design kits for highly reliable real-time applications, based on an in-house developed Power Line data bUS PLUS technology.
• specializes in the use of PLC in systems with safety-critical requirements. The fulfillment of these requirements requires advanced communication technology as well as design and development processes that comply with international functional safety standards such as RTCA DO-254/178, IEC 61508, etc.
• sets itself highest standards for its designs regarding quality, functionality (reliability, availability, real-time) and cost effectiveness.
• is a Swiss SME, founded as a spin-off of the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences & Arts (HSLU) in 2014 with the goal to provide its customers PLC as an Enabling Technology for the competitional advantage of their products and systems, with reduced R&D risks and shorter time-to-market.
• aggregates more than 60 person years experience with PLC, starting in the early years of PLC developments in the 90s
• aggregates more than 30 person years experience in the design and realisation of Embedded Systems, Systems-on-Chip und ASICs.
• cooperates closely with its research partner Competence Center Intelligent Sensors and Networks of Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, a leading research group in PLC, safeguarding access to the latest research results in PLC and Mission-and-Time-Critical communications.
More than 25 years of experience in PLC
PLC for aircraft applications (EC projects ECAB, TAUPE, ASHLEY, MISSION, ADENEAS)
Members of plc-tec were involved in Ascom’s train passenger information systems development, e.g. of Ascom’s (today ANNAX) PLC Rail Gateway product
earned a PhD in semicon-ductor physics and began his career in communication tech-nologies in the ABB Research Center Dättwil / Switzerland. He then worked for Ascom for 17 years, in the end as CTO and Head of Development, building and leading the group that made numerous prize-winning technological breakthroughs in PLC. In 2008, he joined HSLU, where he founded the Competence Center Intelligent Sensors and Networks which he lead until 2021. In 2014, he co-founded plc-tec AG.
has a BSc degree in Electrical Engineering from the Univer-sity of Illinois at Chicago in the USA and a MSc degree in Information and Communi-cations Engineering from the Technische Hochschule Mittel Hessen in Germany. He started his career working at Ascom before joining HSLU in 2009 where he led the re-search group Communications Technologies. During his time at HSLU he was the lead designer of the Power Line data bUS (PLUS) protocol. In 2014, he co-founded plc-tec AG.
received a MSc degree in Electrical Engineering from the Technical University of Dresden and a PhD in microelectronics from ETH Zurich. He has worked in the telecommunication industry as ASIC-Designer before joining Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts in 2007, where he now leads a research group and teaches digital design and signal processing. In 2014, he co-founded plc-tec AG.
earned a PhD in semicon-ductor physics in the team of Nobel laureate Klaus von Klitzing and began his career in the semiconductor industry. He became SVP of Infineon’s Corporate Research depart-ment in 2006. In 2010 he took over the leadership of the rail communication specialist duagon AG. Under his leadership, duagon developed many landmark products and grew by a factor of ten. He will support plc-tec AG to realize its mission to become the leader for powerline communication technology.